Ngen fail with an protected .net exe file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello !

I finish my application on vb.net 2013. After I have used a software called .NET reactor to protect my .exe file .

This software put these protection :

Necrobit

Anti ILDASM

Anti Tampering

Control Flow Obfuscation

String Encryption

After , I run Ngen with the protected .exe file , and I get an error :

NGEN failed because of the following error :

The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

What can I do ?

Thank you !

• Moved by Carl Cai Tuesday, June 17, 2014 6:56 AM (from vb.net) issues related to third-party are not supported
    Monday, June 9, 2014 9:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• If after you read the .Net Reactor Online Help and can't figure out the issue then you can contact support at EZIRIZ who sells .NET Reactor probably.

La vida loca

• Edited by Mr. Monkeyboy Monday, June 9, 2014 12:20 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Renee Culver Monday, June 9, 2014 12:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:21 PM
    Monday, June 9, 2014 12:15 PM
  • Hello !

is possible to run ngen with the un-protected file , and after to use the protected file ?

Thank you !

Monday, June 9, 2014 1:53 PM
  • Hello !

is possible to run ngen with the un-protected file , and after to use the protected file ?

Thank you !

I've never used Ngen.exe (Native Image Generator) so I would suggest you learn about it and use it with a test app to see how it works. Then when you understand it well enough perhaps you can answer that question yourself.

I don't know what running one thing with an unprotected file would do and then after that a protected file would be used in some unexplained fashion. Perhaps you could allocate more information into what you mean by that. Something that responders could understand possibly.

La vida loca

Monday, June 9, 2014 2:02 PM
  • "After I have used a software called .NET reactor to protect my .exe file ."

It is never "a software".

Renee

"MODERN PROGRAMMING is deficient in elementary ways BECAUSE of problems INTRODUCED by MODERN PROGRAMMING." Me

Monday, June 9, 2014 4:27 PM
  • The unprotected file should do nothing undesirable.

Renee

"MODERN PROGRAMMING is deficient in elementary ways BECAUSE of problems INTRODUCED by MODERN PROGRAMMING." Me

Monday, June 9, 2014 4:28 PM