WHS 64 bit version RRS feed

• Question

• I have been searching all over. Does WHS have a 64 bit version or is this just a 32 bit platform with 64 bit extensions? I have much more then 4 G of RAM and I fully intend on running all of it. 
    Friday, March 13, 2009 2:37 AM

Answers

• The current version of Windows Home Server is 32 Bit only, future versions will be 64 Bit. For using the services provided by Windows Home Server to their full extent, more than 2 GB of RAM is likely overkill.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, March 13, 2009 3:16 AM

All replies

• The current version of Windows Home Server is 32 Bit only, future versions will be 64 Bit. For using the services provided by Windows Home Server to their full extent, more than 2 GB of RAM is likely overkill.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, March 13, 2009 3:16 AM
  • Is the writing on the wall yet as far as a BETA release date for the 64 bit version of WHS?
    Friday, March 13, 2009 6:00 PM
  • Cmnore said:

Is the writing on the wall yet as far as a BETA release date for the 64 bit version of WHS?

I don't even know if there will be a public beta for the product. Have you seen Microsoft publish anything about the schedule for Windows Home Server V.Next? I haven't, though to be honest, if I had I wouldn't be able to talk about it.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, March 13, 2009 6:12 PM