Import unmanaged solution before the default solution or the other way round? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to import a default solution with an unmanaged solution I created into a test Online CRM account. The default solution has changes done at the form level which I want to keep. I also have an unmanaged solution where the fields in that solution are needed on the main account form. Is it best practice to import the unmanaged solution first, then install the default solution? Or can I import them all together?
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• You only need to import the unmanaged solution.  That will bring everything over from all unmanaged solutions.  You won't see the unmanaged solution anymore on the other side if you do it that way but all the components will come over.  If you need to feel the security of having it there you can feel free to export and import the unmanaged solution after you move the default solution.

Unmanaged solutions only contain pointers to components in the default solution.

Jamie Miley

Check out RBA Today!

Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:54 PM
  • Syed,

I think its important to understand how Unmanaged solutions work, it is nothing but pointers to your default solution. So if you have 2 solutions that contains the same components, the last import will overwrite your previous imported components.

Rojy Thomas

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:46 PM