none
MCTS Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working as Jr. Software Developer in Microsoft Certified IT company in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The technology on which currently I working is SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2 and Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).

I am planning to give MCTS certification within 2 months on SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence. So I carried out the search for its exams and I came accross two Exams (i.e. 70-452 & 70-448). But I am not getting any idea that which to be give first.

Are there any certification path for these exams. Can anyone guide me about these exams. Also any microsoft press books are available for reference.

Regards,

Chirag

Sunday, August 8, 2010 9:46 AM

Answers

• It is not required that you take the exams in any specific order. However, most people choose to take first the TS exam (70-448), which gives you the MCTS certification on Business intelligence, and then take the PRO exam (70-452) which, when combined with the preceding, will give you the MCITP certification.

As to the preparation of the exams, the suggested preparation materials are listed in the exam description page:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-448&locale=en-us#tab3

Note that this refers to the TS exam. There are no materials (yet) for the PRO exam. You may choose to prepare for it by means of the materials for version 2005.

Sunday, August 8, 2010 1:51 PM