No right click menu on MOE notification icon in Windows 7 RRS feed

• General discussion

• By default, the MOE monitor notification icon is set to "show notifications only on Wndows 7 (Beta 1 Build 7000). You can click the arrow on the task bar to get to the icon, and left clicking the MOE icon works as usual. However right clicking the icon doesn't bring up the "Check for updates/Help/Work offline/Sign out/..." menu.

As a workaround you can change the MOE Monitor option to "show icon and notifications", in this case the right click menu works properly.

Note that other legacy apps in the notification area don't have this problem.

Not sure whether I should bug this for Live Mesh or for Windows 7 or for both?
    Stefan Krueger, Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer, www.InstallSite.org
    Friday, January 16, 2009 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Stefan,

Another customer has submitted a bug on this issue.  Please feel free to validate it: https://connect.microsoft.com/LiveMesh/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=398864

Thanks,

Ben.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 8:27 PM
  • Thanks Ben. Guess I should have checked there first.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 9:27 PM
  • Stefan Krueger said:

Thanks Ben. Guess I should have checked there first.

Hi Stefan,

Not at all; we don't expect customers to search Connect every time they encounter an issue - that's what posting in the forums is for: to find out if anyone else has experienced the problem. ;)  But I figured since there was already a bug open (that I was aware of), I'd mention it - in order to try to keep reports consolidated.

Thanks for all your help, both with testing Live Mesh and also here on the forums!

Ben.
    Monday, January 19, 2009 4:38 PM
  • Ben [Live Mesh] said:

Thanks for all your help, both with testing Live Mesh and also here on the forums!

Ben.

Thanks, it's fun :)
    I'm using several products from Microsoft, but there aren't many that I'd call "cool". Mesh does have that "coolness factor" which is otherwise typically associated with "fruit" products.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:23 PM