none
Synctoy 2 error "exception during run" RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems with synctoy 2.0 on one of my computers.  When I run it I get the message

"Exception during run: note enough storage is available to compete this operation"

This is a recent error, it was running OK.   There are 300Gb free on the drive in question.  I use Synctoy to keep a desktop and laptop synchronised via a NAS drive.

Previously, since upgrading to 2.0 I got different performance on both machines.  My Dell Laptiop (4Gb memory, 2.0Ghz Dual core processor) zips through the process in less than a minute wirelessly.  My more powerful (4Gb memory, 2.4Ghz quad core processor) takes over five minutes on a wired ethernet connection.

I have upgraded to the non beta version, and this has not helped.

Please help!

Jon
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Jon,

We have heard of issues when syncing with NAS drives that we've attempted to fix in the next release.  This might be related.  As for the long syncs, on the first sync after an upgrade the sync will take a lot longer as we have to build our internal metadata.  Not sure if that could be what your experiencing.

-Jesse
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:02 PM
  • Thanks for that.  Any idea when the release is due?  (Am currently sitting through an interminable sync)

Jon
    Monday, March 16, 2009 8:06 PM
  • Getting the same or similar error when attempting to synctoy 2.0 to usb connected hdd.

Exception during run: Not enough storage is available to complete this  operation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000E (E_OUTOFMEMORY))

http://img30.imageshack.us/i/synctoyerror.gif/
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:37 AM
  • bump
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 8:30 PM
  • I use a programme to file synchronization, which is called File Sync. [URL="http://www.fileutilityblog.com/archives/188"]File Sync: why you need it?[/URL] May be because of its efficiency. That is why I use this program and haven't any problems. May be it will help you.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 5:49 PM