none
Really bad formatting here RRS feed

Answers

• Not by myself. I'm using threaded view and in the threaded view there was no way to fix that post. Only when I was pointed to a URL with the individual post I was able to fix it.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:31 PM

All replies

• I don't see a way to fix.

The easiest way would be to delete Louis Davidson's last post.   It looks like it mixes in some HTML from another thread or more likely another HTML editor.   E.g. even when I deleted it (using IE Dev Tools) I could still see an unwanted  Reply and Quote link from it which I think should have been deleted too.  Anyway, after that the other posts were rendered normally.   The only remaining odd thing I see in that forum is all the right-sidebar stuff is now at the bottom?  (This with IE10 on W8 DP on a widescreen monitor with IE in Fullscreen mode.)   But that was happening in other threads from there too.

Also are there two different methods of quoting somewhere?   E.g. although quoting seems to be rarely used on that forum I found one normal instance (e.g. a simple blockquote) here

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/d35ab8ff-a6a1-458c-b3e4-b2c9f6a1ff83#01498aea-9737-45de-9880-f3618d342c17

Compare that with the bizarre HTML that Davidson's post is constructed with.   Div Class="Quote" (etc.)?   Where does that come from?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/4a0ecb28-11cb-45ec-adbd-d72ac65b158a#67d087de-142d-4890-b198-17ec5f1aff1e

(Second instance of the typo  tecnique)

Otherwise could you just get him to edit his own HTML?

HTH

Robert
    ---

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 11:51 PM
  • I think I messed it up more. It didn't allow me to fix that post (I was not able to save). So I attempted to delete it, but it made it worse.

My blog
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:13 AM
  • Seems ok to me, did you figure it out?
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:27 AM
    Answerer
  • Not by myself. I'm using threaded view and in the threaded view there was no way to fix that post. Only when I was pointed to a URL with the individual post I was able to fix it.

My blog
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:31 PM