Moving and Installing Tower/WiFi Router RRS feed

• Question

• There are 2 computers in our house. One is used only for games that are on CD, and the other for research and other things which need internet connection. They are at opposite ends of the house.

The one that's used only for games is the one hard wired to the tower/WiFi router, the other must rely on the WiFi connection. As a result, the one used for research and other internet related uses has a slow connection and/or (during bad weather) a non-existent connection while the one used for gaming only always has a GREAT connection at all times.

If I move the tower/WiFi router to the computer that's used for research, will the one used strictly for games still work without having to be connected directly to the internet tower/WiFi router? Does the keyboard on the game computer have to be hooked directly into the tower to work?

Friday, September 19, 2014 3:55 PM

Answers

• Suggest you try asking this question at answers.microsoft.com, or more probably at a Network Forum, as this Forum is for Windows Home Server.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Edited by Phil Harrison Friday, September 19, 2014 5:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by theebeau1 Saturday, September 20, 2014 12:33 AM
    Friday, September 19, 2014 4:31 PM

All replies

• Suggest you try asking this question at answers.microsoft.com, or more probably at a Network Forum, as this Forum is for Windows Home Server.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Edited by Phil Harrison Friday, September 19, 2014 5:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by theebeau1 Saturday, September 20, 2014 12:33 AM
    Friday, September 19, 2014 4:31 PM
  • Thank you kindly for the advise - Rick
    Saturday, September 20, 2014 12:30 AM