Validation code 0xc004c003 RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so i WOULD be able to try all these steps EXCEPT! i am not able to log into my windows profile, so i cannot go into control panel and all that good stuff... please i really need help.
    Saturday, March 24, 2007 7:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• the same exact thing happened to me. the computer was working fine, but then it said that the validation code was wrong. but i can't get to the start menu or anything. I am only allowed to "access the computer with reduced fuctionality" [meaning only the internet]. =/. if anyone knows how to fix this problem please contact me. your help will be grantly appreciated.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 1:11 PM
  • The same thing has happened here and its really pigging me off as I have all my coursework saved on my laptop and the stupid thing won't let me in because it says my product key is invalid! The only product key I have is on the bottom of my laptop so if its not that one then I'm screwed! Totally disgruntled customer!!!
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 6:28 PM
  • When you try to log in, you should be presented with a window that gives you four options:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Activate Windows online now --> (this will try to activate with whatever key you already have installed)
    2. Buy a new product key online --> (self-explanatory)
    3. Retype your product key --> (this is the same as "Change product key" and will give you the opportunity to enter a new key if you want to activate with a key that's not yet installed)
    4. Show me other ways to activate --> (this is will give you two more options
            a.  Use my modem to connect directly to the activation service
            b. Use the automated phone system
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please click the 3rd button, “Retype your product key”.  After you enter your key, click on Next.
    Please let me know if that still doesn't work for you.  Thanks!

Monday, March 26, 2007 6:24 PM
  • I tried that three times and it still didn't work so I rang the automated phone thing and they gave me number to type in but now it says my windows isn't genuine! It was pre-installed on my laptop already as I brought it from Curry's. Someone told me the same thing happened to their version of windows vista and he's been having problems since! Will I have problems with my laptop now that it reckons it isn't genuine?
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:09 PM
  • Please post the results of the WGA diagnostics tool (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012).  Thanks!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:48 PM