Off Topic: Help Me RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a Hotmail issue.  I attempted to sign on this morning and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to Windows Live Hotmail and ever since I accepted to upgrade I have been unable to access my hotmail/windows live hotmail account.  I keep getting the following screen.

Windows Live Hotmail

The new Hotmail brings you more. More space (2 GB), more security, still free. Sign up for our award-winning service.

Windows Live ID

Works with MSN, Office Live, and Microsoft Passport sites

The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
    • This site may be experiencing a problem
    • The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network

You can:

• You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site.

What can I do to access my e-mail or should I wait it out.  I can sign in to instant messenger and it says I have six new messages, but when I click to see them it kicks me to the above message.  Earlier it stated the server was busy.  Is this my problem or a windows issue?  Thanks!

Brian

Friday, July 27, 2007 7:05 PM

All replies

• I have tried everything that I know to solve my problem.  I am reaching out to you all for help.  I attempted to sign in yesterday morning to my hotmail account.  It will allow me to sign into instant messenger but when I click to check my mail, it jumps back and forth between http and https and kicks me to this page. 

Windows Live Hotmail

The new Hotmail brings you more. More space (2 GB), more security, still free. Sign up for our award-winning service.

Windows Live ID

Works with MSN, Office Live, and Microsoft Passport sites

The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
    • This site may be experiencing a problem
    • The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network

You can:

• You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site.

Do I have a virus? Is this a security setting problem on my end or is there a patch or fix from microsoft that will help me.  The funny thing is that my wife can check her e-mail with no problems but I can't advance past the sign in screen.  When I punch in www.hotmail.com, it quickly shows me the old sign in page then jumps to the above. If someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly apprecite it.  Thanks!

Brian

Saturday, July 28, 2007 6:07 PM
  • Brian

This forum is for Windows Live OneCare and you should not be posting here look for help here www.microsoft.com/communitied/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx  I have merged your two post into one.

chuck

Saturday, July 28, 2007 6:45 PM
  • hey. what you gotta do is. on the address bar, the green microsoft logo thing, click on that and then more information. you should then see a list of all of your cookies on hotmail. delete ALL of them. I had the same problem, deleted all the *** and havent had a problem since.
    Friday, August 22, 2008 3:47 AM