Legitimate Office 2007 Ultimate and University MSDN Visio 2007 - Validation Error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am currently a student at a University in the United Kingdom and our University provides me with MSDN access.

I recently purchased a legitimate MS Office 2007 Ultimate, and it validates perfectly all the time.

I wanted to use the MS Visio 2007 from the MSDN which my University provides to us as a student on a Degree course.

I downloaded the Visio 2007 from the MSDN and ran it thinking nothing can go wrong as all the keys are legitimate.

After the install everything went fine, and then I thought I better check for Visio updates from the office update, and the result was your version cannot be verified.

Can anyone tell me why this happens as the keys are legit and I really need to use Visio 2007?

Thanks for any help here.

Thursday, November 1, 2007 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hello Rob,

Please downloade the MGA Diag tool and provide us with the results. This will help us anlayze what your experiencing so we may formulate a resolution :-).

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Cheers :-)

STephen Holm, MS

Friday, November 2, 2007 6:32 PM

All replies

• Hello Rob,

Please downloade the MGA Diag tool and provide us with the results. This will help us anlayze what your experiencing so we may formulate a resolution :-).

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Cheers :-)

STephen Holm, MS

Friday, November 2, 2007 6:32 PM
  • The Office is for any edition of Windows after Win98, and my problem is posted above.

Currently i am using my Windows XP Pro SP2:

Here are the results for the OS:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0062.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {49CDE8A1-EB65-4926-****-************}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista BRT Data-->
    Grace Flag: N/A
    Commit: N/A
    Reboot Flag: N/A
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Wgaer.exe Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Wgaer.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-531-645_025D1FF3-171-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{49CDE8A1-EB65-4926-BA20-5F3A5253DAE3}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0062.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture></SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>******* ******* ACPI BIOS Revision 1014</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20051125000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>****** *********</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>*************************</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-002E-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>5393BB76E32F78</Val><Hash>JGNITYRIWbVb2QlNz7olxd+lTTE=</Hash><Pid>81608-956-4841083-65809</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

I have removed the OS Key info and Motherboard Info.

Ive kind of fixed the validation problem with Office 2007 Ultimate.  I have removed the University MSDN Visio 2007, and now my Office Validates properly.

Its only until i use my MSDN version of Visio 2007 then it fails validation, and the key is legitimate that is provided to me when i download it.  Would this error be becuase the Visio has a different key than Office 2007 Ultimate?

I really need to use my Universities MSDN version of Visio 2007 as i do not have it, and require it to do my course work.

Do you want me to re-install Visio 2007 and then run the diagnostic for a new set of results?

Friday, November 2, 2007 11:36 PM
  • Hello Rob2k,

Yes, please re-install Visio and re-run the diagnostics and this time please do not edit out any of the information.  If any part of the diagnostic results are not complete we will not be able to parse the data for any errors that may be occuring with your software.

Thank You,

Matt Prall

Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:42 PM
  • Q.  "Would this error be becuase the Visio has a different key than Office 2007 Ultimate?"

A.  Correct!  Visio requires its own unique Visio product key, not an Office product key.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:59 PM