Script: Last logon machine name based on list of users. Output to Excel with samaccountname, workstation name and location of workstation RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi!

I have a very difficult from management to find machine names for a big excel list of users.  My first thought is to find a script that can find the user's last logon machine name and then output the information by samaccountname, workstation name and location of workstation. 

My second thought is to find a script that can to match the users last night with a machine name.  Since the machine names are named after they samaccountname.  output the information by samaccountname, workstation name and location of workstation.

The latter might be tricky because there are many variations to a machine name due to the fact that some people might have the same name.  However It couldn't be that many and I can find these machine manually.

I hope you can help me.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  Thank you!

-Allen

• Changed type Bill_Stewart Wednesday, December 7, 2016 10:59 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, December 7, 2016 10:59 PM This is not "scripts on demand"
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 5:11 PM

All replies

• I'm sure you have seen or read the first post at the top of this forum: This forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests. (Right?)

That said, what have you tried so far, and with what results?

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Thursday, October 27, 2016 5:48 PM
  • Hi Bill,

Thank you for responding.  I did not read the rule of the forum.  I apologize for this.

I have not attempted to script anything on this because my scripting ability is very limited. 

Can you please recommend the proper forum for me to move this question to?

Thank you in advance!

Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:22 PM
  • There's not another forum to move this to, but you can post a script request on the script request page. (You will have to look at the links in my earlier post. There is a link in that post to the script request page.) Keep in mind that just posting a request there doesn't guarantee that someone will take the time to write your code for you.

Alternatively, we would recommend learning PowerShell. Your learning investment will pay off in the long run.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:26 PM