none
HPC Pack 2008 R2 installation error

Question

• This is a very basic question.

I am trying to install HPC Pack 2008 r2 on a head node (Windows server 2008 r2 datacenter 64 bit with failover clustering feature installed). I have not created any clusters because they require remote storage.

When I select the option "Create a new HPC Cluster by creating a head node", I get the error something along the lines of "This node is not on a cluster"

So I make a leaky cluster from the server manager, which does not pass all of the validation tests, including storage (only the first test in the storage category passes, in fact). I hate to say this but I find clustering very hard.

However it still does not create the head node and keeps on giving various errors.

Is there a way to install HPC pack 2008 r2 WITHOUT clustering? Because an article here : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff919454%28v=ws.10%29   says that I only need a windows server 2008 installed, nothing more. All the roles are installed by HPC pack itself.

Please help me out.

• Moved by Don PatteeModerator Sunday, May 13, 2012 2:56 AM (From:Windows HPC Server Developers - General)
    Friday, May 11, 2012 7:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If your failover cluster is not configured properly then I would recommend removing the "Failover Clustering" feature from your head node prior to installing HPC Pack.

Regards,
    --Brian

Friday, May 11, 2012 9:33 PM