none
"cacheInternal" is not recognized after KB4024848 pushed RRS feed

• Question

• I am taking over an ASP.NET MVC application from someone who left. The application was developed using .NET Framework4. Everything was working fine, until an automatic security update was pushed to the system. Basically, the following statement now throws a Null Reference Exception after the push of KB4024848 (Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1):

object obj = typeof(HttpRuntime).GetProperty("CacheInternal",BindingFlags.NonPublic|BindingFlags.Static).GetValue(null,null);

Looks like the key string "cacheInternal" is not recognized anymore. Rollback of KB4024848 would make the statement work again. Any idea about this issue, as well as what could be an alternative solution to get the same object value? (This statement is part of a section of code trying to get a list of user's active sessions, using InProcSessionState.)

Your solution to this question will be greatly appreciated, since we have been spending quite sometime to work on it. 

• Moved by Sabah ShariqMVP Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:23 AM Moved From Visual C#
    Monday, August 28, 2017 9:52 PM

Answers

• I'm sorry for the careless , I have modified the link. Thanks for reminding me. 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fei Hu Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Crystalxyzt Thursday, August 31, 2017 4:59 PM
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:16 AM

All replies

• Hello Crystalxyzt,

>>Any idea about this issue, as well as what could be an alternative solution to get the same object value?

If you want to find a alternative solution for getting a list of user's active sessions,There is a another ways to achieve it, you could implementation function  by collecting data about sessions in global.asax events Session_Start and Session_End , you could take reference with the below link.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1470334/list-all-active-asp-net-sessions

And I think you should post the thread in correct forum to get more suitable support.

https://forums.asp.net/

Best regards,
    feih_7

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fei Hu Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:08 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:41 AM
  • Thank you very much for the suggestions, feih_7. I'll give it a try and see if it would work for my scenario. (The link you provided would lead me back to this page though!).

Also, will try to post the question to the suggested forum. (Somehow I couldn't find the asp.net forum earlier!).

Thanks again,

crystalxyzt

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 9:23 PM
  • I'm sorry for the careless , I have modified the link. Thanks for reminding me. 

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Fei Hu Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Crystalxyzt Thursday, August 31, 2017 4:59 PM
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:16 AM
  • Thank you for the helpful link, feih-7.
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 4:59 PM