Windows 7 Home Activition RRS feed

• Question

• I have the product code from my windows 7, however, HP had to send me a disk, with windows 7 sp1.  Not sure what the org. disk was as it lost. However, we I try to activite my number it will not let me enter in 00 as the start.....any suggestions?
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:01 AM

Answers

• "TGConsultants" wrote in message news:3de4472f-f693-4fe7-8399-026fdb7b928e...
    I have the product code from my windows 7, however, HP had to send me a disk, with windows 7 sp1.  Not sure what the org. disk was as it lost. However, we I try to activite my number it will not let me enter in 00 as the start.....any suggestions?

There is no Product Key that begins 00 – or even one that has any ‘0’s in it at all.
    You’re looking a the Product ID, not the Product Key

The Product Key is on your COA sticker on the machine’s case.

Having said that, normally, manufacturer’s Recovery disks (which is what you would have received) do not require the input of a Key.
    How is the disk labelled?
    For what version and edition of Windows is your machine licensed, according to the COA sticker on the machine?

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, February 20, 2012 9:59 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:13 AM

All replies

• "TGConsultants" wrote in message news:3de4472f-f693-4fe7-8399-026fdb7b928e...
    I have the product code from my windows 7, however, HP had to send me a disk, with windows 7 sp1.  Not sure what the org. disk was as it lost. However, we I try to activite my number it will not let me enter in 00 as the start.....any suggestions?

There is no Product Key that begins 00 – or even one that has any ‘0’s in it at all.
    You’re looking a the Product ID, not the Product Key

The Product Key is on your COA sticker on the machine’s case.

Having said that, normally, manufacturer’s Recovery disks (which is what you would have received) do not require the input of a Key.
    How is the disk labelled?
    For what version and edition of Windows is your machine licensed, according to the COA sticker on the machine?

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, February 20, 2012 9:59 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:13 AM
  • no reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:58 PM