MSF supports Windows XP or not RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody!!

i m new to this forum,

i saw on msdn/MSF Link that MSF supports Windows Vista as well as Windows XP.
    When i tried to execute my app it build well on XP but when i try to run it it shows an exception which is related to shell32.dll

So, i want to ask this thing tht do we have XP Support also with MSF or not, & if not then can we do some modifications to achieve tht in XP.

thnx..

Manisha

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:40 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Monday, July 28, 2008 1:10 PM

Answers

• MSF V1 was released last year.  Did you have a chance to rebuild your app on Win XP and try to execute it?  As Sid indicated, MSF should work on Win XP SP2/SP3.

Thanks.
    Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 10:42 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Yes, MSF CTP you are using does support XP SP2 and XP SP3.

If you are getting an exception in shell32.dll, is it related to just the app, or an MSF component in the stack too? Can you paste the stack and exception code/string as well?

Monday, July 28, 2008 5:16 PM

• Hi!

thnx for replieng..

its giving an error that..."An unhandled exception of type 'System.EntryPointNotFoundException' occurred in C4F.DevKit.Contacts.dll

Additional information: Unable to find an entry point named 'SHGetKnownFolderPath' in DLL 'shell32.dll".

Her
    e i am trieng to run the sample code available at msdn/MSF "MsfProviderSampleCode".
    i have XP version 2002 , SP 2 on my machine.

Plz guide me further..

thnx..
    Manisha

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 5:06 AM
  • MSF V1 was released last year.  Did you have a chance to rebuild your app on Win XP and try to execute it?  As Sid indicated, MSF should work on Win XP SP2/SP3.

Thanks.
    Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 10:42 AM
    Answerer