Organization name doesn't change after importing - CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a .bak file with all my customizations and common data for different organizations, created from organization called 'DevOrg'

I bring it to another environment, I create a TestOrg_MSCRM, restore it with the backup, and with the Deployment Manager import the org 'TestOrg'

If I query the Organization table for 'TestOrg', it has the same ID and Name than 'DevOrg'

However, when I create SecondOrg_MSCRM and do the same process, the ID and Name changes in the step of the Deployment Manager.

Both CRM instances are working correctly, however having the incorrect name for the org causes connection problems when using the web portal.

I'm wondering at first time doesn't change the ID and Name because are unique, but;

1. Is there anyway to change it while importing, and not having to change it manually in DB?

2. Are there any other table with this kind of information for keep on mind?

Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Jorge,

I believe this is related with an option when you import, you need to make sure you not keep existing mappings

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:20 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks! but I'm not sure where is that option when importing, I just mapped two users in the Deployment Manager process, if that's what you mean. Can you guide me a bit more?

Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:29 AM
  • There is not a way to change a ORG ID (GUID) when importing. You must run the relevant scripts to change the Organization ID in the SQL DB after restore, but prior to importing into Deployment Manager.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:46 PM
  • Hi James. My main concerning was the ORG name, instead of the Id, because I'm moving it to another server.
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:57 AM