Organization name in the site maps urls RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Perhaps this is a really simple question, better for me because you could answer faster ;-). Ok, the question, if i set a relative path in the site map pointing to a new asp application i get this error:

Error Description:
    An unhandled exception occurred during the

execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more

information about the error and where it originated in the

code.

Error Details:
    Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Full Stack:
    [ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: uriString]
    at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.set_Url(String value)
    at ElcaOnp.Crm.Service.CrmSdk.CrmService.set_Url(String value)
    at ElcaOnp.CRMContacts.contactview.contactView.InitializeComponent()
    at ElcaOnp.CRMContacts.contactview.contactView.OnInit(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at ASP.opranationaldeparis_elcaonp2_0_contactsearch_contactview_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

And the url requested is http://<server>/<org name>/<my relative path>

Does anyone understand why the organization name is included in the url?.
    I have configure a new virtual directory with a folder insede the CRM web folder.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:22 PM

Answers

• You could include an intermediate page in your sitemap that redirects the IFrame to the page you actually want to call.
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 12:07 PM

All replies

• That's by design, as CRM is multi tenant, and hence the organization name is appended in the URL. You can see the org name appended on any CRM page you navigate to(this is optional however, if you are in the default organization)

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:20 PM
  • Ok, thanks i also knew that but does the fact that MsCRM adds the organization name to the url mean anything when i configure the the sitemap or the virtual folders in IIS?

For example:

i have a virtual folder called Test inside the crm web folder
    Inside this folder i have the page myTest.aspx

and if i want to modify the site map by adding my page i should have something like:

Code Snippet

<SiteMap>

<Area Id="Workplace" ResourceId="Area_Workplace" ShowGroups="true" Icon="/_imgs/workplace_24x24.gif" DescriptionResourceId="Workplace_Description">
    <Group Id="Customers" ResourceId="Group_Customers" DescriptionResourceId="Customers_Description">
    <SubArea Id="nav_conts" Entity="contact" Url="/Test/myTest.aspx" />
    </Group>

But if the url is htpp://<server>/<orgname>/Test/myTest.aspx it does not work

But if i set the url absolute in the configuration file it works (Url="http://<server>/Test/Test.aspx")

And my problen is that i would like to avoid configuring the aplication with the absolute url.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:02 AM
  • You could include an intermediate page in your sitemap that redirects the IFrame to the page you actually want to call.
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 12:07 PM