viewing current scan RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please advise on how to display the status window while a virus scan is running?  All of a sudden it no longer pops up on my computer while running the scan...

thanks

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• The "Quick Scan" does not have a status window or any indication that it is happening, except that you'll notice increased drive activity and checking task manager will reveal msmpeng using a fair amount of CPU cycles - 30 to 50 percent.

Tune-up presents a system tray icon during execution and clicking it allows you to view the status.

-steve

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:30 PM
  • Hello-  

even when i run tune-up no no icon comes up- and when i click on "view- last tune-up report" or "view last scan report", nothing happens

It is just funny because there used to be a status window that would pop up to show % complete.

Thank you,

Robby

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:41 PM
  • Check your Task bar properties to see if you are hiding inactive icons.

I can't tell you why the last tune-up report is not displaying, but at this point I think it may be worth contacting support based on the missing icon and status window, as well as the last tune-up report failing to launch.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:43 AM
  • Thank you very much- and thanks for the link as well!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:02 PM