CRM 2011 Email Router using 100% CPU RRS feed

• Question

• I have seen references to this issue back in 2011, but no one seems to mention a solution.  I am getting hundreds of these errors in the event log.  Does anyone have a solution?

#26234 - The E-mail Router service could not process a provider work item using assembly: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailProviders.dll and class: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.SmtpPollingSendEmailProvider. System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityAccessDeniedException: Access is denied.

Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Discovery.IDiscoveryService.Execute(DiscoveryRequest request)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.DiscoveryServiceProxy.Execute(DiscoveryRequest request)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.OrganizationUrlCache.DiscoverOrganizationUrl(Uri discoveryServiceUrl, Credential credentials, String organizationName)
       at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()

Exception rethrown at [1]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Discovery.IDiscoveryService.Execute(DiscoveryRequest request)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.DiscoveryServiceProxy.Execute(DiscoveryRequest request)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.OrganizationUrlCache.DiscoverOrganizationUrl(Uri discoveryServiceUrl, Credential credentials, String organizationName)
       at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
       at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.OrganizationUrlCache.GetOrganizationUrl(Uri discoveryServiceUrl, Credential credentials, String organizationName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Utility.GetOrganizationServiceUrl(Uri discoveryUri, String authMode, String userName, String password)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Utility.GetCrmService(Uri discoveryUri, String authMode, String userName, String password)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingSendEmailProvider.Run()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Agent.ServiceCore.ExecuteProviderWork(Object providerQueueRequestObject)

Larry D.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:14 PM

Answers

• The issue was that the Email router service was running under "Local Service."  As soon as I created dedicated service user and set the credentials for the service, CPU went to 1% and has been steady.

Larry D.

• Marked as answer by LarryKD Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:37 PM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:37 PM

All replies

• The issue was that the Email router service was running under "Local Service."  As soon as I created dedicated service user and set the credentials for the service, CPU went to 1% and has been steady.

Larry D.

• Marked as answer by LarryKD Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:37 PM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:37 PM
  • Larry,

would you mind to explain what kind of user did you use to solve the problem (I guess an administrator user) and with what permitions (is not admin). Have you got any guide I can follow to your advice?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, June 6, 2013 2:47 PM