none
Study tips for my first MS certification ( 70-562 ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've been working in web development for 7 years now, and I'm looking to work toward an MCTS certification for ASP.net web development.  I've picked up the 70-562 training kit, and started digging into it as well as the lab files.  Any tips or suggestions for prepping for this test?  I won't be studying in a course also.

Thanks

Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:41 PM

Answers

• As it was said already: The self-paced training kit is a great ressource for self paced training. From my experience (I took 3 exams with self paced training so far) I would recommend to really spend a lot of time in playing around with the examples given in the book. After each chapter you have some praxis and you can easily extend it.

This involves looking at the classes and play around with it. That way you simply know, what the classes include and what they do not include.

You mentioned, that the 70-562 is your first exam. You are aware, that you only get the MCTS title if you also did the 70-536 exam? I took the 70-536 first and I think that it could make sense to do the basics first. (But it is not required of course! So feel free to do the 562 first!)

Also one important thing: Whenever you are unsure about an topic: The MSDn forums are really helpfull and a lot of very experienced people are just waiting for your questions :). So you are not alone with your training. Be sure to give as much details as possible in your question so that people can answer withoit guessing what might be the problem. (The forum for your question depends on the question, so I cannot direct you to one specific forum. So there are Forums for the language (c# / VB.net, the basic Framework, ....).

Good luck with your training and exm!

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Chad_Adams Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:42 PM
    Monday, August 16, 2010 12:16 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Microsoft Self-Paced Training kit a great to start http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/book.aspx?ID=12489&locale=en-us

Also check Niall's blog for helpful info. 70-562 Objectives List with MSDN Links

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:40 PM
  • As it was said already: The self-paced training kit is a great ressource for self paced training. From my experience (I took 3 exams with self paced training so far) I would recommend to really spend a lot of time in playing around with the examples given in the book. After each chapter you have some praxis and you can easily extend it.

This involves looking at the classes and play around with it. That way you simply know, what the classes include and what they do not include.

You mentioned, that the 70-562 is your first exam. You are aware, that you only get the MCTS title if you also did the 70-536 exam? I took the 70-536 first and I think that it could make sense to do the basics first. (But it is not required of course! So feel free to do the 562 first!)

Also one important thing: Whenever you are unsure about an topic: The MSDn forums are really helpfull and a lot of very experienced people are just waiting for your questions :). So you are not alone with your training. Be sure to give as much details as possible in your question so that people can answer withoit guessing what might be the problem. (The forum for your question depends on the question, so I cannot direct you to one specific forum. So there are Forums for the language (c# / VB.net, the basic Framework, ....).

Good luck with your training and exm!

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Chad_Adams Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:42 PM
    Monday, August 16, 2010 12:16 PM
    Answerer