Regarding Contest Duration?? RRS feed

• Question

•  

What do you guys feel about the duration of this contest.

Is it a very long? (comments)

Is it very short?   (comments)

Is it normal?      (comments)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 2:56 PM

Answers

• No doubt the duration is long. And this long time span has lots of positive points such as

1. You get surplous amount of time to compete.
    2. You get more time to learn.
    3. You get to know about each other more.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2007 4:38 PM
  • Slightly longer duration.
    Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:54 PM
  • I too think the contest duration is long,

but inorder to keep our interest throughout the contest,

I hope MS would introduce new and new activities.

Akshat

Friday, September 14, 2007 10:28 AM

All replies

• Contest Duration

The contest is available from 4th September 2007 to 31st May 2008. The students who register before 25th Sept 2007 will get 50 bonus points!

The results for the Contest will be displayed by 15th June 2008.

it is a longer version..............but im looking forward to it..................

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 3:58 PM
  • No doubt the duration is long. And this long time span has lots of positive points such as

1. You get surplous amount of time to compete.
    2. You get more time to learn.
    3. You get to know about each other more.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2007 4:38 PM
  • I feel the time span is perfect. It will help us accumulate points and clear the 10K barrier easily. Also it will help good challengers to make a comeback in case they suffer a setback at some point.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:01 PM
  • I think the time span is perfect...

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 9:54 PM
  • Slightly longer duration.
    Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:54 PM
  • Well, all those who had gone through the last contest, felt that the contest should have continued or started again.... Both this request had been looked into becuase we have a 2nd edition of the contest and its long... so enjoy...
    Friday, September 14, 2007 2:51 AM
  • I too think the contest duration is long,

but inorder to keep our interest throughout the contest,

I hope MS would introduce new and new activities.

Akshat

Friday, September 14, 2007 10:28 AM
  • Definitely the contest duration is long.
    But the contest duration and the 10000 points mark go hand in hand.
    Ideally it would have been much better with slightly smaller duration and also not so high (10000) points mark.
    Friday, September 14, 2007 10:35 AM
  • does they write anywhere that there is a 10000 pt limit???

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 2:09 PM
  • @Akshat - * Top 300 with a minimum of 10,000 points <-- tht is mentioned on the page http://www.studentrockstar.com/KnowMoreAboutStud.aspx

I  myself do think that the cnotest is a long duration. the contest will be continuing through my 5th semester, and also my entire 6th semester of MCA> That is really a long duration. Also considering the 10K limit, the admins have done just to it, but reducing the ponit limit would be better option, rather than increasing the time duration.

Also long long duration contest will bore the participants. We even got bored sometimes during the first small contest. lets see how much we have to bear this time Smile But the great thing is that we are having rockstar-II contest, and thats the most important Smile kudos to the admins.

And this time the admins are also really active <-- this must be mentioned Smile
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:14 PM
  •  

This is really a LLonger life span ! But when considering PROJECT work ad IC Cup .... We are not Enough of doing Projects so early as a new bie !! So for all who do prj works , they are in lack of time !! and those who doesnt has lots of time !!!!!

REgards

Mohan

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:26 PM
  • i dont think so the duration is long..this time is optimum for the contest..no matter how long it is gaining knowledge is important...yet as tha contest duration increases the more competition arises,,,so its good...a short duration contest is not worth...
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 5:09 PM