Disable the Save and New buttons in CRM2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how I can disable the two buttons- Save/New based on a field value? I've looked at a few ways but they seem to be un-supported methods.
    Sunday, November 24, 2013 12:03 PM

All replies

• download following tool and you could easily achieve this :

http://www.develop1.net/public/Download%20Ribbon%20Workbench%202013.aspx

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !!!
    Vikram Singh.   My Blog

Sunday, November 24, 2013 12:29 PM
  • Hi Hussain,

According to your requirement ,Please do the following steps to Disable the Save and New Buttons.

Get the Save ButtonId and New ButtonId. It will look like "<Your Entity Name>|NoRelationship|Form|Mscrm.Form.<Your Entity Name>.Save-Large"

then copy the following java script on form with your code changes

function DisableSaveButton()

{

var Save = top.document.getElementById("<Your Entity Name>|NoRelationship|Form|Mscrm.Form.<Your Entity Name>.Save-Large");

Save.disabled = true;

Xrm.Page.ui.refreshRibbon();

}

Call the DisableSaveButton function on form on load to disable the Save button.

Hope it will help for you.

Warm Regards, Suresh Kumar D

Monday, November 25, 2013 3:13 AM
  • can you get the Save button without using document.getElementById ? I'm thinking through the CRM.Sdk API

I'd like to do this because I observed that the button ID has changed from CRM 2013 to CRM 2015, now its format is <Your Entity Name>|NoRelationship|Form|Mscrm.Form.<Your Entity Name>.Save

Thursday, September 8, 2016 11:27 AM