Mobile will not connect after Dec 2-3 server issues RRS feed

• Question

• It appears that MESH is working now and files are synching on each of my desktops.

However I have not been able to get my mobile to connect since the issues started. I get a message "unable to validate user - try again."

Any advice?

Robert Tankersley
    Friday, December 4, 2009 3:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Same problem.....???
    Friday, December 4, 2009 3:59 PM
  • See here:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/5314805e-2a12-46ab-a224-508337a916b7

-steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, December 4, 2009 4:12 PM
  • I have read this announcement. However it is still true that MESH mobile will not connect even though the other issues appear to be resolved.

I can not connect with the client nor just through web on mobile device.   1:05 PM EST

This is a great product but am a little sad today.
    Robert Tankersley
    Friday, December 4, 2009 6:06 PM
  • Yes, I agree that the mobile issue remains. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of it soon.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, December 4, 2009 6:14 PM
  • Yes, I agree that the mobile issue remains. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of it soon.
    -steve

Thanks for response. From the previous message it seemed as if the issue had completely been solved.
    Robert Tankersley
    Friday, December 4, 2009 8:23 PM
  • I still can't connect my mobile devices.
    • Edited by DrATty Sunday, December 6, 2009 5:05 PM Typo
    Sunday, December 6, 2009 5:04 PM
  • Sadly the mobile website and the Live Mesh mobile client is no longer working for any of my 7 windows mobile devices.  I sure hope Microsoft gets it fixed soon since this is a huge loss in functionality in this wonderful service.
    Prof Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices | http://pocketprimer.com
    Sunday, December 6, 2009 6:24 PM
  • I just want to say that what has happened with Live Mesh is unfair and very frustrating.  I have been a Beta tester for months now, and have come to depend on Mesh on my Touch Pro 2 from Verizon.  Just as everything is working perfectly, after spending hours syning everything properly to my neccecary work and home network...boom...its fully released and nowe everyone can use Mesh Mobile except people with late model HTC phones (one of the highest selling phones in the market).  I feel used.  Worse I have no solution.  I ripped down a Funambol data server once mesh started working and was quite happy.  I own a company, and now depend on Mesh.  Beta testers are supposed to the ones who go through all the problems and bugs so that EVERYONE can use the program.  Instead, I went through that period to find out that all of the suddent I am kicked off Mobile Mesh. 

I want to know honestly if they are working on a fix, and when I should expect this fix.  Is does not seem like brain science.  Mesh worked on my TP2 for months.  I bet a hacker comes out with a fix before Microsoft can.

I do not frequent these forums so could you please cc jeremybfriedman@hotmail.com with any responses. 

THanks,

Jeremy
    Sunday, December 6, 2009 8:22 PM
  • Mesh Mobile and Mesh as a whole are still in beta, so I am not sure what you are referring to about it being open to everyone causing problems. It is open to everyone, but it is still a beta product, which means it is not ready for production uses.

-Scott
    Sunday, December 6, 2009 8:57 PM
  • Frustrating sure, but what's unfair about it?  As far as I know the mobile website and the mobile client is broken for lots of users and not just the Touch Pro 2.  I don't own a Touch Pro 2 from Verizon, and I've been a Beta tester for months, and I can't access it from any of my windows mobile devices (which are mostly HP IPAQ devices).
    Sunday, December 6, 2009 11:11 PM
  • I sometimes think that Google has drastically distorted what people expect from beta software. The whole nature of the the beta product is to get all of the major issues, such as something like this, out of the way so it can move into a production environment.
    Monday, December 7, 2009 2:25 AM
  • Just checked and the mobile Live Mesh client is working on my phone. 
    Monday, December 7, 2009 11:46 PM
  • Hate to just say me too but that is ok. Live Mesh on HTC Ozone is working fine. Thanks to the Live Mesh team.!!!!
    Robert Tankersley
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 2:59 AM
  • Just checked and the mobile Live Mesh client is working on my phone. 

Thanks for that confirmation - I haven't heard a thing about the status yet, but then I was pretty busy yesterday and earlier today (not dealing with Live Mesh stuff... <g>)

-steve
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 3:46 PM
  • I've also received confirmation from a couple of friends that the Live Mesh Mobile client is working on their devices.  One of my friends reports that the mobile client is now working on their HTC HD2 that runs WM6.5, so maybe the HTC issues are worked out too.  We'll have to wait to see if that is the case for other HTC & WM6.5 users.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:30 PM
  • The later HTC devices are pretty much hit or miss. Some have reported success if they disable some of the HTC provided services/software. Resolving the back end issues wouldn't have solved the HTC device issues unless they mysteriously deployed a new client as part of the repairs. ;-)
    -steve
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:16 PM