Unable to update IP on domain since about 12 hours RRS feed

• Question

• This morning I got the error message that my WHS wasn´t able to update my homeserver.com IP. Sorry, don´t remember the exact wording because it was in German. I went to the WHS console to the remote access settings and tried to reset my configuration. Now after entering my Live ID and password it says:

An unexpeced error has occured communicating with the Windows Live Domains service. 80000190

Is there a technical problem with MS domain services?

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:22 PM

Answers

•  
    Colin Hodgson said:

Previously, the error message 80000190, has usually indicated that the 'homeserver.com' is having some problems. However, I've just tried three different domains there, and all are working OK.
    I assume this was working previously, if so, then you should be able to rule out your ISP blocking any ports, so I would keep trying for a while, to see if it changes.

I experience the same problem since at least 7 hours on two servers and I am sure you would as well, if you click the Details button under Remote Settings near the Domain name on the Console of a still functioning system and select Update.

Edit: Just clicked Change in the domain configuration area, entered all selections again, and it started to work.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Previously, the error message 80000190, has usually indicated that the 'homeserver.com' is having some problems. However, I've just tried three different domains there, and all are working OK.
    I assume this was working previously, if so, then you should be able to rule out your ISP blocking any ports, so I would keep trying for a while, to see if it changes.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:02 PM
  • I'm having the same problem for 3 hours.
    I've checked my home network which is Ok and it's not a problem with my provider (i'm working for it so i know what I say ;) ).
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:24 PM
  • Yes, it worked for a year. From time to time it complained that it wasn´t able to update my IP, but I guess those were the normal MS outages of the service as other users I spoke to had that problem too.

Since last night however it is gone permanently.

How can I check if my provider did anything bad with port filtering?

(I just registered an alternative dyndns.org domain and rerouted my domain to that instead of the homeserver.com domain. No problems. What a shame that this MS service is so unstable. I would like to fix the homeserver.com issue nevertheless.)

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:30 PM
  • Colin Hodgson said:

[...] However, I've just tried three different domains there, and all are working OK. [...]

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.

Maybe their IP addresses haven´t changed since the outage ...

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:32 PM
  •  
    what happens to the homeserver.com? 
    why not working?
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 7:08 PM
  •  
    Colin Hodgson said:

I experience the same problem since at least 7 hours on two servers and I am sure you would as well, if you click the Details button under Remote Settings near the Domain name on the Console of a still functioning system and select Update.

Edit: Just clicked Change in the domain configuration area, entered all selections again, and it started to work.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 7:29 PM