none
Ther forum posting limits are incorrectly described as 4 to 60000 characters RRS feed

• Question

• but a posting of as little as 9,947 characters wil trigger the message Body mus be between 4 and 60000 characters.  How are you supposed to poste something like a logfile from DssHost32 is the posting limit is < 10K?

• Moved by brythiMicrosoft employee Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:12 PM Issue related to forums, not product. (From:Microsoft Robotics - Decentralized Software Services (DSS))
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:17 AM

Answers

• Posts that long become very painful. I've had to scroll through a few threads with pasting like that and you cannot tell where a post starts and stops.

You can paste in your code in chunks. Or maybe on the Code Gallery.

So it looks like the real bug here is is that the message should be more accurate and not claim that you can submit 60,000 characters since like you said, it's probably more based on the size of the data being submitted than the character length.

Shall I submit that as a bug request?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:44 PM

All replies

• Posts that long become very painful. I've had to scroll through a few threads with pasting like that and you cannot tell where a post starts and stops.

You can paste in your code in chunks. Or maybe on the Code Gallery.

So it looks like the real bug here is is that the message should be more accurate and not claim that you can submit 60,000 characters since like you said, it's probably more based on the size of the data being submitted than the character length.

Shall I submit that as a bug request?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:44 PM
  • UPDATE: Submitted the unaccurate error message as a bug request.

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:08 AM
  • UPDATE: Bug #86042 was logged for this issue.

Thanks!

Saturday, November 17, 2012 5:00 AM