How to separate contorl channel and data channel in Sora? RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi, I wanna try to separate control channel and data channel using 802.11a, and at the same time, data transmission should utilize the whole channel bandwidth. How can I do this? The control channel can only be used for ack.

Waiting for your answer. Thanks.

• Edited by ychm Monday, May 28, 2012 5:32 AM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:15 AM

Answers

• I think you need to specify how to separate "data channel" and "control channel", for example, logically separated or physically separated (e.g. by frequency).

One straightforward solution I can suggest is to set ACK as a normal data packet from receiver to sender, and implement your asynchronized acknowledgement mechanism on top of CSMA MAC.

-Jiansong

Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:13 AM

All replies

• Hi ychm,

It seems not a Sora specific question. Could you specify your design first? Then we can help to check whether it can be implemented on Sora.

-Jiansong

Saturday, May 19, 2012 2:30 AM
  • Hi, Jiansong,

I wanna try to design a new mac protocol. Under that protocol, the transmitter will continue to send its data packets until it receives an ack. The data packets which are sent by the transmitter are not the same one. When receiving an ack, the transmitter will indicate that packets sent before have been received successfully. I think this protocol will be implemented more easily if data channel and control channel (for ack) can be separated. Can you give me some suggestions?

Thank you!

Monday, May 21, 2012 2:36 AM
  • I think you need to specify how to separate "data channel" and "control channel", for example, logically separated or physically separated (e.g. by frequency).

One straightforward solution I can suggest is to set ACK as a normal data packet from receiver to sender, and implement your asynchronized acknowledgement mechanism on top of CSMA MAC.

-Jiansong

Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:13 AM