Emailing a list with a template RRS feed

• Question

• Im a little surprised that a new fan dangled product (CRM 4) doesnt seem to have the ability to send a customised email via a email template to a selected list of contacts. And also not be able to track the success of the email blast.

Maybe i am missing something otherwise could someone please explain a work around & why the product has been designed this way.

Thanks in advance

Todd

Friday, February 15, 2008 11:01 AM

Answers

• I believe this is still correct in CRM 4.0, though I ahven't checked. One workaround is to create a manual workflow rule to send the email based on a template, and have the users apply the rule to the members of the list - from memory I thik you had to identify the list members by an Advanced Find

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:46 AM

All replies

• Anybody ??

I was hoping that I was just misunderstanding how to do this?

Monday, February 18, 2008 9:21 PM
  • I'm not sure from your question how far you've looked into CRM functionality, but have you looked at using marketing lists

to manage to recipients, and either bulk email, or a quick campaign to send the email ? And how do you expect to track the success of the email (some possible answers are: they read it, they clicked on a link in the email, they responded to the email; the reposonse was worthy of being converted to an opportunity, the opportunity was won. Some are CRM considerations, some aren't)?

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:27 PM
  • Thanks for your reply David,

My understanding is that you cant use an email template with quick campaign or bulk email, is this correct?

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:42 PM
  • I believe this is still correct in CRM 4.0, though I ahven't checked. One workaround is to create a manual workflow rule to send the email based on a template, and have the users apply the rule to the members of the list - from memory I thik you had to identify the list members by an Advanced Find

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:46 AM
  • Dear,

In CRM 3, you cant use email template in quick campaign or bulk emailing.. But you can use email template in workflow or other simple email activity.

Same is the case for CRM 4.0 initial version, might be they will release this important feature soon.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:15 AM
  • Thanks Gentlemen

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:56 PM