Suggestions on learning and studying Windows Groups RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Im studying for the 70-640 test and I would like to understand the various Windows Groups (Domain Local, Global, etc.) in more detail and actually run some tests with them so I understand them.

Any suggestions for good study materials for this kind of activity?

Thanks for your help! SdeDot

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:19 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:19 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, March 6, 2012 9:24 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:57 PM
  • Hi,

you can find some resources on the following site - http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/42880-70-640-resources.html

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, March 6, 2012 9:24 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:30 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for your responses.

I've been to these resources and I have a tough time understanding all the permutations of groups and types and how they work by just reading about them and looking at tables.  I'm looking for some type of exercises and/or labs where I can work with them to understand them.  Any ideas?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:08 AM
  • The training kit mentioned by Fazal Akbari above contains exercises to assist with learning about this topic.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:23 AM
  • That training kit does provide exercises, and I've been through them, but it doesnt provide the type of exercises you need to go through to understand cross-forest relationships, etc.  In other words, the depth of the exercises is not there.

Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:44 AM