Project Server 2013 - Single Sign On RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently installed project server 2013 for our company. However when our users open up the web app, outlook, or project server the authentication box appears and the users need to enter their windows domain user account credentials to proceed further.

I know that this is usually associated the URL no being listed in the IE trysted sites list. However, I have it listed and I am still receiving the authentication box.

Can someone please help me understand what might be cause the authentication box to appear. How can I confirm the type of authentication that the server is configured to use, what is the recommended type? I know there are a few type, like, forms based, kerberos, integrated. Mybe on installation the wrong type was used somehow. Is there somewhere I can check, IIS maybe?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Monday, January 14, 2013 7:47 AM

Answers

• H ithere,

Are you using NTLM authentication for the Web App? Are using logging on to the workstations with account that have access to Project Server? If so, now the URL is added to Trusted Sites, you need to check that for the Trusted site zone the security level allows "Automatic logon with current username and password".

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

• Proposed as answer by Ali-Al Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by cdmit2010 Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:01 PM
    Monday, January 14, 2013 10:28 AM

All replies

• H ithere,

Are you using NTLM authentication for the Web App? Are using logging on to the workstations with account that have access to Project Server? If so, now the URL is added to Trusted Sites, you need to check that for the Trusted site zone the security level allows "Automatic logon with current username and password".

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

• Proposed as answer by Ali-Al Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by cdmit2010 Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:01 PM
    Monday, January 14, 2013 10:28 AM
  • Thanks Paul for confirming what authentication type is required. It turns out that I needed to add the epm url to he local intranet IE sites list rather than the trusted site IE list.

All working now. Thanks for your advice.

:)

Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:01 PM