how to include data in managed solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi NG,

is there a way to include data inside a managed solution? I have an entity for some custom-settings where I want to add some default entries.
    How to do this?

thx a lot for your help!

Regards
    Benjamin

Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Benni,

As per my knowledge we cant include data inside a managed solution. I think the best way is to create another solution and include the custom entity into that.

Regards,

Srikanth A

Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:09 AM
  • Hello,

you could use XML web resource to keep your data and can have js webresource to read that data and do the default entries for you.

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

Solution contains only the definition and schema of the CRM components, you cant include data in the solution.
    After the solution imported to the new CRM, you export the configuration data from existing CRM and import to the new CRM using the CRM data import wizard. 

Chandan - http://mscrm-chandan.blogspot.in/ I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful !!!

Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:13 AM
  • Hi Mahender,

thx for your answer.
    do you have a sample how this works? sounds as this could be a workaroung.

Regards
    Benjamin
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:17 AM
  • Hi Benjamin,

Check my post : http://mahenderpal.wordpress.com/2012/10/26/step-by-step-adding-configuration-page-in-solution-ms-crm-2011-part-2/

I am reading xml data to set in html page, you can follow the same to read data and set it entity accordinly.

let me know if you need more help on this.

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by pogo69 Friday, February 8, 2013 12:32 AM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:49 AM