Password problem RRS feed

• Question

• After much searching, I still did not find an answer on this problem.  A desktop crashed.  Bad memory.  In attempts to get it working again, operating system not working.   So, after the problem of the bad memory is repaired, XP was re-installed.  Then the WHS restore cd ran.  Worked great!  Restarted computer and there was the log in screen.  One problem was the password over the last three weeks was lost.   After finding a "work around" to get into this computer and change the password to something known, it was rebooted and started just great.  The problem then was WHS stated the passwords did not match.  Went in to correct the problem but WHS stills wants the old, lost password before it will allow you to change to the new one!  I don't have the old pw.

How do I correct this problem when I don't have the old password?

R.T.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 1:40 AM

Answers

• You can change the password in the console without having to enter an old password. Simply double click the account and select Change Password.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by R.T._CAT Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:06 AM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 7:10 AM

All replies

• You can change the password in the console without having to enter an old password. Simply double click the account and select Change Password.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by R.T._CAT Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:06 AM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 7:10 AM
  • Thanks, Olaf, that has so far fixed the nag from WHS.

R.T.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:06 AM