none
Need to create a batch file to delete all files except one RRS feed

• General discussion

• Sorry but I never created a batch file and was told I needed to make one to resolve an issue. I have the following file path C:\Program Files (x86)\Priority Dispatch\ProQA\Paramount Medical\ProQA.ini. I need a batch file that will delete every ProQA.ini file from everywhere on my C drive except for the ProQA.ini file in the above path.

Any help on this would be greatly appericated!

• Changed type Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 13, 2017 9:09 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 13, 2017 9:09 PM This is not "scripts on demand"
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:56 PM

All replies

• This forum is for scripting help and not scripting requests. Please check the gallery as there are bound to be tonnes of scripts that can do this for you.

Also, don't used batch anymore. Use PowerShell.

Have you tried to create this yourself yet? if so, please post it here so that you can ask a specific question about it.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:00 PM
  • Sorry, should have sent this. I went through the gallery and guest my way to this point:

@echo OFF
    echo Following is a list of files containing the word PROQA.INI on your hard drives:
    echo ____________________________________________________________________________
    dir C:\USERS\%USER%\APPDATA\ROAMING\Priority Dispatch\proqa.ini /s
    echo ____________________________________________________________________________
    echo.
    echo If you don't want to delete any of the above files, close this window now!
    echo The batch will now delete the above files.
    pause
    del C:\USERS\%USER%\APPDATA\ROAMING\Priority Dispatch\proqa.ini /s
    echo.
    echo The batch will now terminate...
    pause

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:55 PM
  • So what's your question?

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:02 PM
  • This script will not delete any of the ProQA.ini files from my C drive.  I need to know what I am doing wrong so that ProQA.ini is deleted from my entire C Drive except for the the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Priority Dispatch\ProQA\Paramount Medical\ProQA.ini.
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:15 PM
  • Do you understand the existing code that you have posted?

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:18 PM