none
Page refreshes after selecting an item in dropdownlist in asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir/Madam

Currently am working with asp web application and now am facing a problem regarding page refresh in asp.net ..

my asp page refreshes and goes top of the page each and every selected index change event...

i have already used  the following codes to avoid this problem

in page load event i have used this

Page.MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack = true;

and in design client side coding i used update panel and content template but still am facing the same problem..

so please suggest me any solution to clear my problem ....

Thanks in advance...

• Moved by Kristin Xie Thursday, December 4, 2014 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, December 3, 2014 6:34 AM

All replies

• Go to the properties of the combobox and change the EnableAutoPostBack to false.

Noam B.

Do not Forget to Vote as Answer/Helpful, please. It encourages us to help you...

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 12:07 PM
  • Yes, you need to remove AutoPostBack property if not needed. However, you might try this "MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback" in <%@Page .. %> direction.

Tech

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 12:23 PM
  • I think turning off autopostback will stop it posting back.

Whether that is exactly what you want will depend on what you expect to happen when you click on one of those dropdownlist entries.

If that's supposed to do something you wrote in c# then you need that postback.

Hope that helps
    Please don't forget to upvote posts which you like and mark those which answer your question.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:06 PM
  • Please post questions related to ASP.NET in the ASP.NET forums (http://forums.asp.net ).
    Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:48 PM