none
is it possible to link same folders with different action? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I just wanted to check if the following synctoy2 behaviour is normal:

1) I create a folder pair linking folder A to folder B with the following action : synchronisation

2) I create a folder pair linking folder A to folder B (the very same folders) with the following action : echo.

(I do this because it's faster than constantly switching actions in the same folder pair)

The result is that folder pair 2 (echo) does not work properly. (Does not replicate deletes from source to target.) Also, obviously, I have two SyncToyxxxx.dat files showing un in Windows Explorer,)

THEREFORE,

I delete all my folder pairs, start over, recreate folder pair 1 (or 2, does not matter), and simply change action in the folder pair when I want to switch between Echo and Synchronize.

Then every thing works fine. I can live with this workaround, but.

What I'm wondering is, is this normal behaviour. Given that I backup important files, I would like to be reasonably sure Synctoy 2 was properly installed on my PC.

Details: XPSP3. Used to use Synctoy 1.4, deleted all folder pairs and uninstalled it before installing this version. (I did a clean install òf version 2 using MSCONFIG.)

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks. And I do apologize for posting this previously in the wrong thread.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:58 PM

Answers

• The answer is: Yes. You can switch the actions back and forth between synchronize and echo and SyncToy 2.0 will work for you.

Thanks

Deepa

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:59 PM

All replies

• The answer is: Yes. You can switch the actions back and forth between synchronize and echo and SyncToy 2.0 will work for you.

Thanks

Deepa

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:59 PM
  • Thank you for the swift response

Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:18 PM