ISA forms Based Authentication, Basic Authentication into CWA RRS feed

• Question

• I was just wondering what it would take to get 'Windows Authentication' (actually wanting Basic Authentication) within Communicator Web Access?

I have created a new Virtual Directory for External Access to Communicator Web Access, as part of our company portal when logging in from the outside world you first authenticate with ISA 2006, this is using SSL as well as is configured to pass all Credentials to the internal IIS application, this configuration being; Office Communicator Web Access.  However I have attempted to set Basic Authentication within the IIS Web Site, and also have noticed that 'Windows Authentication' within the Authentication properties of the Virtual Directory (when viewed from Web Access Manager) is not able to be selected.

Is this a feature which will only come in to fruition when out of Public Beta?

My plan is to allow our users to be able to log in from home when working and still be able to communicate as well as from clients sites to demonstrate this technology.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Sam,

Can you update this post? Have you implemented the RTM version and confirmed this is still an issue.?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:48 PM