Where is my e-mail? RRS feed

• Question

• After finding out I had a non-genuine copy of Windows XP I went to the Microsoft site and purchased a genuine product key.  I have a receipt and order number, but no e-mail has arrived and I can no longer check the status of my order.  What can I do?
    Sunday, May 7, 2006 10:30 AM

Answers

•  Travelvocation wrote:
    This is getting beyond funny - still no e-mail confirming my order, still no genuine product key, still no response from either of the 'Help Desk' e-mails that I have sent.  I haven't checked my credit card yet, but if I don't get my product key in the next 48 hours I will be contacting my credit card company to either stop the transaction or report a serious case of fraud.

Can you verify if payment has been taken? I'm aware that there is a backorder situation in the United Kingdom, but electronic fulfillment should be taken care of almost immediately.

Please let me know ASAP and I *will* get to the bottom of this.

-Phil Liu

Sunday, May 14, 2006 6:00 AM

All replies

• I did the exact same thing, although I question is my xp pro is "non-genuine" and no email, no product key, and no link. I can't follow up the purchase and I'm screwed. MS doesn't care about you, they have your money. that's all that counts.
    Sunday, May 7, 2006 11:21 PM
  • Same here.  I've been waiting 5 days but they took my money instantly.
    Monday, May 8, 2006 7:44 AM
  • What is everyone's location? (Country-wise)?

We're having an issue in the United Kingdom with some orders, but I am amist tracking and rectifying that situation as fast as humanly possible. We haven't forgotten, don't worry.

DeWitts wrote:
    I did the exact same thing, although I question is my xp pro is "non-genuine" and no email, no product key, and no link. I can't follow up the purchase and I'm screwed. MS doesn't care about you, they have your money. that's all that counts.

DeWitts: Contrary to popular belief - yes, we do care. Microsoft is fully directed toward customer satisfaction and making sure everything is set right. This forum's sole purpose is to be able to communicate and talk back to the customer.

.... We care.

Monday, May 8, 2006 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

Can you tell me how long the waiting time is for the email from Microsoft? I am in the UK.

Monday, May 8, 2006 1:25 PM
  • I sent an email to customer service and they sent me a new key
    Monday, May 8, 2006 3:55 PM
  •  Martin E wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell me how long the waiting time is for the email from Microsoft? I am in the UK.

Martin:

We experienced a slowdown problem in the UK specifically. We're working as fast as possible to resolve it.

I recommend contacting customer service or customer support to get your Key immediately (though the ordering service should be fixed *TODAY*).

I'm sorry for the holdup you experienced, and thank you for following up with us.

-Phil Liu

Monday, May 8, 2006 5:47 PM
  •  Martin E wrote:

Hi,

Martin:

We experienced a slowdown problem in the UK specifically. We're working as fast as possible to resolve it.

I recommend contacting customer service or customer support to get your Key immediately (though the ordering service should be fixed *TODAY*).

I'm sorry for the holdup you experienced, and thank you for following up with us.

-Phil Liu

Monday, May 8, 2006 5:47 PM
  • I'm in the UK too.

What is the e-mail address for customer services?
    Monday, May 8, 2006 6:14 PM
  •  Travelvocation wrote:
    I'm in the UK too.

What is the e-mail address for customer services?

This one I think direct-mar@msdirectservices.com but I have not tried it yet.

Monday, May 8, 2006 7:13 PM
  • Same thing here ... Michigan in the US ..

How about you get your money when we get the software ...

The usual big business red tape ...

Paid my money and no key ... so much for the instantaneous NET!

<sigh> just frustrated... that's all ..

Any progress?

Thanks,

Booda

Monday, May 8, 2006 8:06 PM
  •  Booda wrote:

Same thing here ... Michigan in the US ..

How about you get your money when we get the software ...

The usual big business red tape ...

Paid my money and no key ... so much for the instantaneous NET!

<sigh> just frustrated... that's all ..

Any progress?

Thanks,

Booda

Booda:

Please check your email, spam, and junk mail filters. There have been no reported incidents in the USA.

Users in the UK should recieve their email by the next 24 hours. Please be sure the email address you use can support an email from service@Microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 1:59 AM
  • In the first order confirmation email you printed there should also be a contact number to use about questions surrounding your E-Key. If you contact them they can resend the email and the link should be included.

If this fails please created a free on line support case for this WGA issue at:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=9860&

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 2:07 AM
  • Phil,

Part of the problem is that no confirmation e-mail has been received which makes it even more frustrating as no contact details are therefore received either.

I have used the link that you posted and await a response.

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 7:20 AM
  • Hi Phil,

Still had no email, I did email direct-mar@ msdirectservices.com (was that the right place to email) but they take 48 hours to get back to you, I put my order in on Saturday, has it still go to sort the knots out in the system or is there another problem somewhere?

Thanks in anticipation.

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 6:29 PM
  • no reply here either, and I'm in the U.S......and no response to my email to customer service yet. Perfect timing with all the new Apple commercials out there....this will do more for their business than the ads will
    Tuesday, May 9, 2006 11:23 PM
  • This is getting beyond funny - still no e-mail confirming my order, still no genuine product key, still no response from either of the 'Help Desk' e-mails that I have sent.  I haven't checked my credit card yet, but if I don't get my product key in the next 48 hours I will be contacting my credit card company to either stop the transaction or report a serious case of fraud.
    Friday, May 12, 2006 11:05 PM
  •  Travelvocation wrote:
    This is getting beyond funny - still no e-mail confirming my order, still no genuine product key, still no response from either of the 'Help Desk' e-mails that I have sent.  I haven't checked my credit card yet, but if I don't get my product key in the next 48 hours I will be contacting my credit card company to either stop the transaction or report a serious case of fraud.

Can you verify if payment has been taken? I'm aware that there is a backorder situation in the United Kingdom, but electronic fulfillment should be taken care of almost immediately.

Please let me know ASAP and I *will* get to the bottom of this.

-Phil Liu

Sunday, May 14, 2006 6:00 AM