none
Android 8.0+ release and .apk built with Visual studio 2017 version 15.8.2 crash on physical Android device and emulators RRS feed

• Question

• I have a existing VS project for both Android and iOS, that was working OK on Android device with Android 6-. because Google play require all publish since Aug. 1 2018 must built with Android 8+. I upgrade visual studio community 2017 to version 15.8.2. in debug mode this project works fine in Android 8.0 device without any warnings and errors. but when I built it with release without any errors and warnings. but when deployed to Android 8.0 device, it shut down after splash finished.

here is my Visual studio configurations:

Visual Studio Community 2017 version 15.8.2
    .Net Framework: 4.7.03056
    Xamarin: 4.1.1.0756(d15-8@b66ff7180)
    Xamarin.Android.SDK: 9.0.0.19 (HEAD/a8a3b0ec7)
    Android SDK Build Tools: 27.0.3
    Android Emulator 27.3.9

Also I tried directly connect Android device to my computer and ran release, shows no errors and warnings but only shows splash screen then turns down automatically. I did search google, seems lots people had similar situations but no solution.

I spend may days and tried lots possibilities none works. 

Thursday, September 6, 2018 10:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since the problem is more related to Xamarin Android, I suggest that you might need to ask about this in the official Xamarin forum. 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 7, 2018 2:05 AM