Mesh no longer syncs one computer RRS feed

• Question

• After restart, one of my computers no longer has the usual blue Mesh folder on the desktop, it's replaced with a normal icon and is not associated with mesh. When opening the Mesh utility and clicking on "Manage Folder", it brings up an empty explorer box.

I've tried telling Mesh to "not sync", then restarting and telling it to "sync" again and that doesn't seem to work.

This happened once before and I tried to duplicate the folder and it just made a mess that took a long time to clean up...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:03 PM

Answers

• The usual solution for this problem is to go to www.mesh.com and remove the computer from the Mesh. Then uninstall Live Mesh from that PC, renstall Mesh on the PC and reconfigure the sync settings for the folder or folders, accepting the default locations on the desktop for the offered folders or merging with existing folders by clicking the offered Mesh folder while it is light blue and clicking Browse to navigate to the desired folder location to merge.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:11 PM

All replies

• The usual solution for this problem is to go to www.mesh.com and remove the computer from the Mesh. Then uninstall Live Mesh from that PC, renstall Mesh on the PC and reconfigure the sync settings for the folder or folders, accepting the default locations on the desktop for the offered folders or merging with existing folders by clicking the offered Mesh folder while it is light blue and clicking Browse to navigate to the desired folder location to merge.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:11 PM
  • Thanks a lot Stephen!
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:16 PM