What is the purpose of the Windows Home Server Home Page? RRS feed

• Question

• In the WHS console, you have the option of setting the default page for the WHS website.  The options are "Windows Home Server Remote Access" and "Windows Home Server Home Page".  Curious to see what each page offered, I tried both options -- and now I'm left wondering what on earth the purpose of the latter page is.  All it does is display a mostly empty page with a picture of some random guy sitting at a table.  This page offers absolutely no information or functionality.  The only thing you can do on this page is click the "Log On" button in the top right  corner, which simply redirects you to the "Windows Home Server Remote Acess" page!  If I wanted to get to the remote access page, wouldn't I just make that the default page for WHS?!?  Why am I even given the option of defaulting to a page that does nothing but inject an extra step into the process?

Friday, April 27, 2007 6:38 PM

Answers

• I think that is for the purpose of adding addational websites you can link to. Also, you can replace the pic per the sdk. Having links to additional sites would allow them to be accessable without having to have security for those additional sites

OEMs may want/need this.

Friday, April 27, 2007 6:43 PM

All replies

• I think that is for the purpose of adding addational websites you can link to. Also, you can replace the pic per the sdk. Having links to additional sites would allow them to be accessable without having to have security for those additional sites

OEMs may want/need this.

Friday, April 27, 2007 6:43 PM
  • Hmmm... ok.  I hadn't thought about it from an OEM point of view.  Thanks!
    Friday, April 27, 2007 7:09 PM