Group IM'ing RRS feed

• Question

•  

I got OCS 2007 up and working perfectly internally, we have yet to roll this out enterprise wide due to many factors, but one issue would be that we don't want, as an example, somone in HR to send a message to a group in our Emergency Management department.  Basically we want to control who can message particular groups.  Any ideas on how to limit that?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 8:01 PM

All replies

• I have a similar situation and I am having a hard time finding any information related to this topic.

I have successfully built our OCS 2007 and have deployed for testing to our IT dept. We want to roll this out to the rest of the company but have some reservations. Ideally, we only want people that belong to certain departments to be able to use communicator with people within the same dept. Obviously, Managers and Officers would be able to IM anyone. We just need to find a way to create logical groups based on dept that will enable these users to communicate with only same dept users.

If you have found a way, I would like to see your solution. Have been able to get any further with this?

Thanks.
    Kenneth Peakman
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 4:11 AM