Timeout error while installing CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm getting a timeout error while installing. The stack trace is as follows:

18:16:49|   Info| Executing Sql Scripts ...
    18:16:49|   Info| File = Scripts\Constants.sql, Message = Add required database constants to mimic enumerations, Target = All
    18:16:49|   Info| File = Scripts\SqlGovernor.sql, Message = Add required Sql Governor values, Target = All
    18:16:49|   Info| File = Scripts\SecurityRolesOnPremiseAndSPLA.sql, Message = Add pre-defined security roles, Target = OnPremise, SPLA
    18:16:49|   Info| File = Scripts\PrivilegesOnPremiseAndSPLA.sql, Message = Add pre-defined security privileges, Target = OnPremise, SPLA
    18:16:49|   Info| File = Upgrade\UpgradeEA2.sql, Message = Upgrade settings, Target = All
    18:16:49|   Info| File = Scripts\Features.sql, Message = Add features., Target = All
    18:16:49|   Info| Installing Sql Jobs ...
    18:17:20|  Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallConfigDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryOperationException: This operation returned because the timeout period expired.
     ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800705B4): This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

Can anyone help identifying the issue?

Thanks,
    John.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 2:04 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I could resolve the issue.
    The issue was that the user installing CRM did not have access rights to SQL.
    I created a SQL Login for that user and everything proceeded smoothly.

Regards,
    John.
    Friday, October 17, 2008 11:44 AM

All replies

• It looks like the install is having trouble communicating with the SQL server.  Is the SQL server on the same machine as the CRM server or on a different machine?  What is your enviroment (OS, SQL, ect)

Thursday, October 16, 2008 2:23 PM
  • Hello Donna,

SQL Server is on the same machine where I'm trying to install CRM Server.
    SQL Server 2005 Standard Ed.

Friday, October 17, 2008 7:44 AM
  • Hello,

I could resolve the issue.
    The issue was that the user installing CRM did not have access rights to SQL.
    I created a SQL Login for that user and everything proceeded smoothly.

Regards,
    John.
    Friday, October 17, 2008 11:44 AM