Outlook Integration Errors in Office Communicator 2007 RRS feed

• General discussion

• ISSUE:

I've installed OCS2007 Public Beta, OC2007 Public Beta and Outlook 2007.
    Outlook is running correctly, however I am getting an "Outlook integration error"  in Office Communicator.

REASON:

This is known issue with the Public Beta release.

RESOLUTION:

This is a know issue with this release and will be addressed in the RTM version.

There are some things that can be checked to possibly resolve some issues.

• Start Outlook, wait a few minutes and then start Communicator.
    • Check that Outlook is using the default profile.
    • Verify you are using Office Communicator 2007 build 2.6090.0.
    • Verify your Internet Explorer proxy settings are correct for your environment.
    • Try to connect to your Adress Book Server URL's manually. If they are not accessible, then troubleshoot your web services:
      • For example:
        • Try to connect to the URLs from the server.
        • Check for any DNS issues.
        • Check any routing issues.
        • Try resetting IIS.
        • Try restarting the web pages.
    • Verify you are using the same credentials in Outlook as you are in Communicator.
    • Verify your are not using an untrusted certificate in Exchange Server 2007.
    • Delete galcontacts.db located in %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Communicator On the OCS server open a command prompt. Navigate to <install path>\Server\Core\ and then run ABServer.exe -syncNow
    • In Office Communicator, under Tools>Options,on the bottom part of the Personal tab is the Personal information manager. Verify that the 'Automatically retrieve Out of Office settings from Outlook' and 'Update my status based on calendar data' options have been selected.

If you have had this issue and resolved it in a different manner, posting your fix here would be greatly appreciated!

Thursday, May 17, 2007 8:20 PM

All replies

• This fixed the issue for Mark Parker:

"The recent Office 2003 service pack 3 seems to have fixed  the problem for me, at least as fas as Outlook 2003 is concerned."

Thanks Mark!

Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:42 PM
  • There is an Office 2007 integration hotfix available. You can read more about it here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936864/en-us

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:36 PM
  • Can you provide the link for Office 2003 SP3.  I cannot find it on the Microsoft site anywhere.  Thanks.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 10:36 AM
  • I'm having the Outlook integration error particularly cannot retrieve outlook calendar info. OCS 2007 Deployed in an Dev environment using Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003. I have installed the the hotfix recommended 936864, renamed GALcontact.db at the workstation and execute ABserver -syncNow at the server still having the same issue. Any additional recommendation? Outlook also shows gyray indicator (instead of green) light next to the person name when reply to email. Appreciate any additional input.  

Thanks

Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:37 PM
  • When i log in into the Office Communicator 2007 Version 3.5.6907.0. I get Outlook Integration Error with the message "There was a problem connecting to Microsoft Office Outlook. Outlook is not installed correctly. Repair or reinstall Outlook, and then update the personal information manager seeting on the personal tab in the option dialog box." I have Outlook 2007 Installed in my System and it is working fine. Because of this integration problem, I am not able to save any conversation in my outlook and the calender in outlook doesnot synchronize with the Communicator.

The personal information manager section has Microsoft Outlook in dropdown list and I have selected the same one as default.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:33 PM