none
Profile blocked on answers.microsoft.com

Answers

• Doubtful but you can send email to forums admins fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 2:31 AM
    • No, I can't go to the Microsoft Community Site Feedback Forum, because my profile is blocked (a catch 22)

Well you may have to create a temporary profile to post over there.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 9:23 PM

All replies

• Doubtful but you can send email to forums admins fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Saturday, January 23, 2016 2:31 AM
  • Yeah, I've tried that... a week ago

Actually, I'm kinda curious as to what I'm being accused of.  I posted an answer to a question that had a links to a executable setup file for a utility that would solve the problem being discussed.  I would assume that someone thought that was a potential vector for a virus?!?!? and then blocked by profile.  That's just a guess... I really don't know.

Instead of just blocking a profile, wouldn't it make more sense to let the person know what offense they are being accused of?  To provide an opportunity to perhaps clear up any misunderstanding... or an opportunity to amend the posting?

I assume you moderators are volunteers?  So, there's not a real supervisory structure to escalate an issue?

• Edited by graye Saturday, January 23, 2016 4:26 AM
    Saturday, January 23, 2016 4:25 AM
  • So, there's not a real supervisory structure to escalate an issue?

Yes, you can try sending an email to fissues. More than likely some code of conduct violation but no way for me to know. Usually decisions are final as far as I know.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Saturday, January 23, 2016 4:29 AM
  • This forum is for submitting bugs and discussing current Microsoft TechNet Forums issues.

Please ask for help in the Microsoft Community Site Feedback Forum.
    Or send an email to MSFTMod@microsoft.com with the URL of your Answers user profile.

Thanks & Regards,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Saturday, January 23, 2016 6:06 AM
  • I don't know how things work on answers, or why the profiles are different, but on the TechNet and MSDN forums moderators can flag abusive posts and delete posts, but they cannot block a profile. A forum admin or owner is required to ban or delete a user and all of their activities. I have never seen a profile like yours with no activities, statistics, or information; nothing to account for your points. If your account remains (it has not been deleted), you are entitled to an explanation. If fissues does not respond, then this should be escalated somehow. But I do not know what the processes are on answers.

Edit: Your TechNet/MSDN profile looks fine!!

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Directory Services)

Saturday, January 23, 2016 12:40 PM
  • Just a follow up....

• Yes, I can email to fissues@microsoft.com, but I haven't gotten a reply (other than asking for my profile URL)
    • No, I can not email to MSFTMod@microsoft.com or to ecoost3@microsoft.com.  The email bounces since I'm not on their list of approved email senders.
    • No, I can't go to the Microsoft Community Site Feedback Forum, because my profile is blocked (a catch 22)

So, for the next time this happens to someone else, be aware... If a moderator thinks you've done something wrong, they are judge, jury, and executioner.   They aren't obligated to notify you or ask that you modify an offending post.

So there is apparently no practical recourse, no dispute resolution, no arbitration, nothing.... 

• Edited by graye Saturday, January 23, 2016 8:54 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Rayzur9 Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:52 PM
    Saturday, January 23, 2016 8:54 PM

Well you may have to create a temporary profile to post over there.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Saturday, January 23, 2016 9:23 PM