CRM 4.0 : cannot select root businessunit when changing businessunit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem on a CRM 4 (Update Rollup 11 - we can not update yet).
    At this moment i have a tree consists of a parent BusinessUnit (X) and two sub-BusinessUnit (Y and Z).
    I want to change a user's BusinessUnit .
    This user is currently under BusinessUnit Y and I want to place it in BusinessUnit X (the root BusinessUnit )

Problem, in the division change menu (Action>Change user BusinessUnit in User Form) appear only those BusinessUnit : Y and Z. BusinessUnit X does not appear!

BusinessUnit X is active and users are affected to it.
    The user I use to do this change is System administrator and is in the X division.

Have you any idea about this problem?

I've tried a IISRESET without any result.

Thank you in advance
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:57 AM

Answers

• Hi thanks for the reply,

Yes the user used has a full access Cal and the business unit is visible in other windows, including administration.

We had forget to reply, but we finally managed the problem by using an other systemuser with administration rights, the primary computer used seems to have troubles, as somes little other javascript errors poped and system resources had huge use.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:18 PM

All replies

• Are you using a full access Cal?

Does the Business Unit appear in administration?

Curtis J Spanburgh

Friday, October 12, 2012 7:14 PM
  • Hi thanks for the reply,

Yes the user used has a full access Cal and the business unit is visible in other windows, including administration.

We had forget to reply, but we finally managed the problem by using an other systemuser with administration rights, the primary computer used seems to have troubles, as somes little other javascript errors poped and system resources had huge use.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:18 PM
  • Ok, then it was the account then rather then the CRM deployment.

Glad you found it.

Curtis J Spanburgh

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:10 PM