Get "ASPNETCOMPILER : error ASPCONFIG: Could not load file or assembly..." issue when building Web Deployment Projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I'm using Web Deployment Projects in my ASP.Net Solution, and it works well for x86 configuration. Now, I want to support X64 for my solution, the other projects are built successfully, and i can run it by IIS. But when i want to use Web Deployment to deploy my projects, I always get  

"

ASPNETCOMPILER : error ASPCONFIG: Could not load file or assembly "***" or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format

"

I don't know whether Web Deployment Projects can support x64 solution? why I always get this issue when build deployment project for x64.

Thanks,

Gavin

Gavin Guo
    • Moved by John Qiao Monday, August 29, 2011 9:51 AM (From:Team Foundation Server - Build Automation)
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:47 AM

Answers

• Sorry for my delayed update, I have got the solution from MS team, we should add:

<AspnetCompilerPath Condition=" '$(Platform)' == 'x64' ">$(windir)\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319</AspnetCompilerPath>

inside <PropertyGroup> elements

Thanks,

Gavin

Gavin Guo
    • Marked as answer by Gavin.Guo Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:44 AM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your post.

In order to resolve this issue, I want to confirm with you that: is this issue related to TFS? If so, what’s the version of your TFS? please describe your question in more detail and we will be able to provide the better responses.

If this issue related to Asp.net, so I suggest you to post it at http://forums.asp.net for better response. 

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:19 AM
  • Sorry for my delayed update, I have got the solution from MS team, we should add:

<AspnetCompilerPath Condition=" '$(Platform)' == 'x64' ">$(windir)\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319</AspnetCompilerPath>

inside <PropertyGroup> elements

Thanks,

Gavin

Gavin Guo
    • Marked as answer by Gavin.Guo Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:44 AM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:43 AM