Problem with Nov 2014 WIndows Updates? RRS feed

• Question

• This am, my WHS 2011 system was down. Case lights showed power, but only a black screen. No response to keyboard or mouse. Pushed the reset button and the system restarted. At the OS selection screen, selected the normal OS (not the secondaryplex).  Sequence repeated, only the second time when I selected the OS another screen appeared with an option to repair. I selected this, but got "Could Not Repair". The Startup Repair Details showewd "No Roor Cause". The Diagnosis and Repair Details listed many tests, all completed successfully with error code 0. AT the end appeared the message:

"Roor Cause Found - unspecified changes to the system configuration might have caused the problem"

Repair Action: System files and integrity check and repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0xa

What can I do now?

Thanks

John

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:23 PM

Answers

• My Bad. I did a repair from the installation disc (to yesterday) and then ran the updates - no problem.

John

• Marked as answer by Justin Gu Friday, November 14, 2014 2:55 AM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 2:04 AM

All replies

• My Bad. I did a repair from the installation disc (to yesterday) and then ran the updates - no problem.

John

• Marked as answer by Justin Gu Friday, November 14, 2014 2:55 AM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 2:04 AM
  • Hi John,

Glad to hear that you have solved this issue and thanks for sharing in the forum. Your time and efforts are highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Friday, November 14, 2014 2:55 AM