Sample Data installation error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

We are using MS Dynamics CRM 2011 (RTM). All deployments are brand new installations. And so are the organizations (no importations).

I am trying to install the Sample Data for our development team, but I am getting an Error entry and an Information entry in the Event Viewer each time I try to load the sample data. The error message is pretty useless. The interesting info apprears in the Information entry :

It's in french. But the interesting part of the message is in english. So please read on.

INFORMATION

Nom du journal :Application

Source :       Windows Error Reporting

Date :         2011-03-22 16:59:42

ID de l’événement :1001

Catégorie de la tâche :Aucun

Niveau :       Information

Mots clés :    Classique

Utilisateur :  N/A

Ordinateur :   SM-DAPP67.dev.local

Description :

Récipient d’erreurs , type 0

Nom d’événement : CRMmanaged

Réponse : Non disponible

ID de CAB : 0

Signature du problème :

P1 : 5.0.9688.583

P2 : w3wp

P3 : Microsoft.Crm

P4 : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\LangPacks\3084\SampleData\SampleDataMap.xml'.;Hash='613808069'

P5 :

P6 :

P7 :

P8 :

P9 :

P10 :

Fichiers joints :

C:\Windows\Temp\tmpF9C3.tmp

Ces fichiers sont peut-être disponibles ici :

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_5.0.9688.583_2616b6db2c3d1835c37a1c33c1ee5adccb1483d_cab_7019fa27

Symbole d’analyse :

Nouvelle recherche de la solution : 0

ID de rapport : 4ed4b632-54c7-11e0-a3c7-005056902111

Statut du rapport : 4

XML de l’événement :

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-22T20:59:42.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>43927</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>SM-DAPP67.dev.local</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>CRMmanaged</Data>

<Data>Non disponible</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>5.0.9688.583</Data>

<Data>w3wp</Data>

<Data>Microsoft.Crm</Data>

<Data>Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\LangPacks\3084\SampleData\SampleDataMap.xml'.;Hash='613808069'</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

C:\Windows\Temp\tmpF9C3.tmp</Data>

<Data>C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_5.0.9688.583_2616b6db2c3d1835c37a1c33c1ee5adccb1483d_cab_7019fa27</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>4ed4b632-54c7-11e0-a3c7-005056902111</Data>

<Data>4</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Our setup is in french throughout. The installation of Dynamics CRM 2011 no longer requires a language pack, as did the Beta and RC. So I downloaded the french version of CRM Dynamics 2011. But there is NO distinction between french (Canada) and french (France). But our organizations are created using french (Canada) settings. Curiously, the Event Viewer entry states that the Sample Data files cannot be found" In fact, they cannot be found because the "3084" directory is missing; only 1036 exists. And guess what : 3084 is for the french canadian (fr-ca) locale and 1036 is for the french (fr-fr) locale for France.

Hey hey... And guess what??? While writing this post, I ran a concluding test... When I create a new organization with French (France) as the base language instead of French (Canada), the Sample Data INSTALLS FLAWLESSLY.

Besides creating the 3084 directory and coping the Sample Data, is there another way to solve this problem? One thing is sure, is it not "by design"... ;-)

Thank you,

Éric

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hash is a unique key for a file.  It takes into account every byte in the file and performs an calculation on it to give you a Hash.  You can tell if you have have a corrupted file by comparing a known correct hash by a newly created hash.  You can that way say hey this file is EXACTLY the same, down the last byte.

So when I see, Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\LangPacks\3084\SampleData\SampleDataMap.xml'.;Hash='613808069'

You can try the workaround and see if it works to try to create the file (if it's not already there), I would suggest presenting this one to MSFT as a ticket though.

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 4:11 PM

All replies

• It appears ademant about a hash it's looking for Hash='613808069'.  I am going to guess that your version has the wrong sample data file for your localization fr-ca and instead has the one for fr-fr.  I am guessing the two different languages look for a different hash (which will be different with any change to the file at all).

That was going to by my first question, did you modify the file?, but then you mentioned it worked fine if you use fr-fr.

I would ping MSFT with all of this inf0 about the hash  and the error and say you don't think you have the correct sample datafile for fr-ca.

Jamie Miley
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:25 PM
  • Jamie,

What I saw was that the sample data was located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\LangPacks\1036\SampleData wheras the Sample Data installation progams is looking for the data in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\LangPacks\3084\SampleData.

Like I said : at installation time, the french version of CRM is creating a directory structure with the 1036 directory (fr-fr) without taking into account the fact that the organisations could be created using french as the base language, but in some other country, hence the different locale code (3084 for fr-ca) and directory structure the Sample Data installation program is looking. No?

If there are diffrent Sample Data sets for french, they should be included with the installation of CRM. If not, the Sample Data installation program should not take into account the french locale of the organization is it run from (1036 or 3084) when looking through the direcotry structure (for the sample data).

Just for fun, I searched the CRM 2011 Beta forum and it seems someone had the same problem with US english/British english codes when installing the Sample Data. There were no real workaround/solution, except maybe create a directory with the appropriate locale code (as the directory's name) and copy the Sample Data.

Finally... It might sound a bit dumb... but I am not sure I understand the "hash" thing you are talking about. The Sample data installation program is looking for a directory the doesn't exists because it uses the wrong locale code (in this case, the locale of the organization, 3084) to build the directory structure in which to look for the sample data. Instead, it should have used the locale of the CRM installation (1036). So, what does the hash have to do with this?

Thank you

Éric 

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:08 PM
  • Hash is a unique key for a file.  It takes into account every byte in the file and performs an calculation on it to give you a Hash.  You can tell if you have have a corrupted file by comparing a known correct hash by a newly created hash.  You can that way say hey this file is EXACTLY the same, down the last byte.

So when I see, Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\LangPacks\3084\SampleData\SampleDataMap.xml'.;Hash='613808069'

You can try the workaround and see if it works to try to create the file (if it's not already there), I would suggest presenting this one to MSFT as a ticket though.

Jamie Miley
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 4:11 PM