Distribute DLLs for academic use RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am currently writing a paper using infer.NET for gene expression analysis and am planning to release the source code - I am now wondering if it would be in agreement with the license if I wrote a GUI and distributed the necessary infer.NET DLLs together with the compiled application? If possible at all, would it be sufficient to distribute a license with it saying it is for academic use only? Or does each individual user have to manually download the DLLs from the microsoft website?

Thank you,

Steffen 

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:20 AM

All replies

• Steffen - You may distribute any of the Infer.NET components with the exception the compiler binary with your application as long it is for non-commercial purposes. The best course of action for you would be to incorporate the code generated by the Infer.NET compiler directly into your application and then you won't need to distibute the compiler binary, just the runtime binary. The distributed components and the generated code are subject to the same license agreement as included with the Infer.NET installation.

We would enjoy hearing about your use of Infer.NET, so be sure to let us know about your paper once it is published.

John

Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:14 PM