Rollups & Windows Update RRS feed

• Question

• The rollups can also be installed through Windows Update. In KB2600643 it says "Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically". I would assume the options are the email router, reporting extensions, report authoring extensions and language packs. On the other hand, those are also listed above that quote. So are the email router indeed those options that are not automatically updated?

If the email router etc are not automatically updates then is there any good reason to use the windows update for rollups? At the end I need to install all the other items manually anyways.

Monday, May 14, 2012 2:16 PM

All replies

• When I initially looked at windows update it only listed one entry for rollup 7. When I checked later it showed 4 entries, i.e. server, email router, reporting extensions and report authoring extensions. So all those components seem to be updated but not items like language packs. Btw, those same four components are also shown in Control Panel->Programs and Features->View Installed Updates. The language packs however are not listed there so it seems you need to track yourself what the latest language pack rollup you installed.

Monday, May 14, 2012 3:43 PM